Scott is fascinated by the art of storytelling. His conversations and presentations are fun, circuitous rides that weave quotes, history, and humor into any discussion. Scott is masterful and methodical at turning the passions and interests of the staff into the books, presentations, and courses that you see throughout this website. His creative abundance of therapy ideas has also led him to be dubbed “Sensai” by his fellow clinicians. Scott presents to Speech-Language Pathologists nationally and internationally, and translates for the Spanish-speaking community in Austin.
Scott has been working as a bilingual speech pathologist since 2004 and is the Vice President of Bilinguistics Speech and Language Services in Austin, Texas. He currently serves as the Vice President of Public Relations for the Hispanic Caucus of the American Speech-Language Hearing Association.
He has worked in Early-Childhood Intervention and currently serves bilingual children in the schools and clinic setting. His research focuses on developing protocols, materials, and professional development to better serve special population such as Autism, VPI, and second-language learners. Scott has authored and co-authored several books and evaluations including:
- Literacy-Based Speech and Language Therapy Activities
- Curriculum-based Speech Therapy Activities: Pre-K/K: English & Spanish Edition (Volumes 1&2)
- Routines-Based Early Intervention Guidebook
- Developmental Speech and Language Norms for Spanish and English E-book
- Bilingual Articulation and Phonology Assessment (BAPA)
- Test of Articulation and Phonology (iTap)
His recent focus has been on the correct identification and evaluation of special education populations.